the Heatons

the adventures of kenny, carie, caleb, and chloe

Thursday, February 03, 2011

The last two days we have spent the mornings outdoors--which has been so wonderful!!  Yesterday I walked to a park about 3 blocks from our home--a huge accomplishment for me.  For those of you who don't know---the last few months have been so rough on me physically--including two hospital stays and dealing with a really low blood count.  Getting to the park was a challenge for me---but walking home was easier and I felt proud of myself when I returned home!!  The kids and I had so much fun---we swung on the swings and we went down the slides together.  At one point I just stood in the warm sun and thanked God I could be active with my kiddos again!!

Today has been a grey day but we still took the opportunity to go to a park and be outside.  We met our cousins Meagan and Ashleigh at a park in Bothell at Country Village.  Now that Nat and Meagan have moved to Lynnwood--Bothell is a half-way point for us. The kids had such a blast!!  They rode on the merry-go-round and went down a tunnel slide over and over again!!  When we got too cold, we went to a near-by coffee shop and the kids played with some toys in the coffee shop---a very kid-friendly coffee shop. :) We had so much fun together---and we are so thankful to have cousins that live close by!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bob and Jan said...

Sounds like fun...the same place that we checked out when we were last there?

1:55 PM  
Blogger Kenny said...

I'm so proud of you for getting out and doing all these things. You've recovered a lot from last month.
You should share the crow story :D

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home