the Heatons

the adventures of kenny, carie, caleb, and chloe

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The last two weeks, I have been attending MOPS again!  Last week, I visited MOPS at City Church and had a wonderful time hearing 3 older mothers share their stories!  This week I attended MOPS at Timberlake Church and had a fun time making beaded bookmarks.  It feels so good to be able to get out to MOPS again!  My kids are past the separation anxiety age and they go happily to their classes.  It is such a difference from a year ago!  I didn't realize how stressful MOPS was for me last year---leaving crying children behind in their classes!

The last couple months have been so different for me.  I finally read my first book (mommy book) since I had my kids.  Last weekend I took a bath and read in the tub---it was so relaxing.  I feel like I am finding myself again--my identity.  Yes I am a mom and a wife--but I am so much more than that!

It has been so freeing to feel like myself again!  I am praising God for healing and finally balancing out my hormones.  The postpartum depression---I experienced after having Chloe was so debilitating and so foreign to me.  I am finally enjoying life again and laughing out loud!  Two years ago--I didn't believe I would ever feel like myself again---but today I am a stronger woman because of what I have overcome!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob and Jan said...

Beautifully expressed! I am so happy for you. I love you!

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home