the Heatons

the adventures of kenny, carie, caleb, and chloe

Friday, October 28, 2011

Another Hospital Stay

So, after my wonderful couple days of great energy, I got sick again! Last Sunday afternoon I started having sharp pains across my shoulder blades and pain under my right ribs.

On Monday, I was super tired! I took a nap when the kids did and when I woke up my pain was worse. It was actually Date Night for us and I was trying to tough it out.

Well, we never made it to the restaurant for our date! We spent our date in the Evergreen ER at the new Redmond location. :( I have to say, their service was amazing! They didn't even triage me! They took me straight back to a room and were treating me in no time! :) They ended up admitting me that night and I got to go in my first ambulance because the main hospital is in Kirkland.

The ambulance ride was better than I expected! I totally thought I would get car sick. I was on a strong anti-nausea med, so maybe that helped! :)

After spending three nights in the hospital, I got to come home last night! The doctors think the pain I was having had to do with my liver swelling from all the excess iron deposits on my liver. I have iron overload, a complication from all the blood transfusions I have had and a side effect from my blood disease.

I had my first chelation treatment last night to help bring my iron levels down. Please continue to pray with us for healing and quick recovery!



Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kenny said...

I'm so glad your home babe. We all missed you.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home